Oh, friends, so very much to get excited about! I know our Facebook has been a bit empty since the glut of posts before LOA. Sorry about that. But...
1. Rockets! That's right, Rockets! Okay...wait, once more: ROCKETS!!! Our #afterschool unit on Rockets begins on Monday, February 22. I'm very excited about this. Kids will learn about the forces that act on rockets, rocket design, and propulsion.
2. NASA! That's right, NASA! At Faller Elementary, our #Afterschool 4th and 5th graders will learn about the Forces of Flight with NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Digital Learning Network from NASA's Armstrong Flight Research Center. March 9, 1:30-2:30.
3. Rockets Event (Okay, you are probably sensing a theme, here). On March 10 students will fly rockets, and so can YOU! make and launch paper rockets and others. Join us and see all of the amazing things students have learned about ROCKETS!
4. Rock...Just kidding! Business Unit - with a little help from our friends at Union Bank, Financial Literacy will be a BLAST (okay, enough with the rockets references, already)!
5. Business Carnival - get ready for ring toss, bean bag toss, skee ball, more games, popcorn, and lemonade. Bring your quarters and have a lot of fun at our Business Carnival!
6. Ecology - we are really excited about this. Guess who gets to decide what we do this year. (C'mon, guess! Oh, you are no fun!) Teams of students at each site will pick the ecology focus, and will also choose what the final event will be. Inyokern Elementary Afterschool has already chosen to focus on clothing waste. Students want to focus on ways to reuse and repair old clothing. Faller Elementary and Pierce Elementary haven't picked their focus yet, but stay tuned.
7. #Earthday Event - On #Earthday, Inyokern Elementary Afterschool will hold a clothing exchange. Bring your clean clothing and exchange it at no cost. Leftovers will be donated to D A R T Thrift Store. Again, Faller Elementary and Pierce Elementary haven't picked their event yet, but I'll keep you updated.